Each participant will receive a name badge upon registration. For security reasons all participants are requested to wear their badge during meeting activities and social events.
All meals and refreshments will be served at the conference venue, Háskólatorg, on both first and second floor.
Here you can find a list of all registered participants of the ORPHEUS 2018 conference and their email addresses.
Instructions for authors with oral presentations
- Authors should bring their Powerpoint presentations on a USB device and set up on the computer in the seminar room before the session starts.
- Authors can not use their own computers for the presentations.
- The maxium length of each presentation is 30 minutes including discussions, for invited speakers and 15 minutes including discussion for free papers.
- We kindly ask all presenters to respect the time limit.
- The session chair will keep the time and direct the discussions.
Instructions for participants with poster presentations
- The optimal size of the posters is A0 (841 x 1189 mm or 33.1 x 46.8 in).
- Posters will be on display in front of the seminar room and will be viewed during coffee breaks. Presenters should be in the poster area to answer questions between 15:30 and 16:00 on Thursday 24 May and 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 25 May.
- Posters should be put up on Thursday 24 May between 11:00 and 12:00.
- Posters should be removed by the end of the programme on Saturday 26 May.
- Conference staff will provide material to hang the posters and will assist authors in finding their place.
The conference staff will be happy to assist participants on site.
Registration / Information desk
Thursday 24 May 11:00 – 18:00
Friday 25 May 08:00 – 17:00
Saturday 26 May 08:30 – 12:30
Visit to DeCode Genetics
Thursday May 24th, 10-11:30.
Assemble at the main entrance of Háskólatorg at 10:00 to walk across to DeCode. We walk from Building 3 (HT) to Building 11 (Sturlugata 8 = DeCode building). See map.
We will be received by Dr. Gudmundur Einarsson and start with an introduction in the lecture hall Frodi, followed by questions and discussion for about 45 minutes. The visit then continues with a guided tour.
Conference guests can access free Wi-fi at the venue.
Wi-fi name: CONFERENCE